Gluten Free Fiesta Churros
For the churros:
For the toppings:
- In a large saucepan, combine milk (or soy alternative) and butter. Heat until the mixture begins to simmer.
- While stirring the mixture, add in the gluten free flour. Continue to stir until the mixture has a dough-like consistency. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and pour over the dough mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Pour canola or vegetable oil into a large frying pan (should be a few inches deep). Place over medium heat until the mixture is 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the churro dough to a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Pipe a churro (approximately 5 inches) into the oil. Cook until the churro is golden brown. Remember to continually turn the churros using a spatula or tongs to cook evenly.
- Remove the churro and let cool for several minutes.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a shallow bowl. When the churro is cool enough, place it in the mixture and evenly coat.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until the remaining dough has been used.
- In a small bowl, melt the white chocolate until a liquid consistency is reached.
- Dip churros halfway into the chocolate mixture. Immediately roll in crushed gluten free pretzels or cereal. Set aside to cool until the chocolate is hardened.