New York Pastrami Sandwich
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 grinds of black pepper
- 8 slices of Genius by Glutino Multigrain or White sandwich bread
- 16 slices beef pastrami
- 3 oz dill pickle, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Fresh Red Leaf lettuce leaves, washed, torn into sandwich sized pieces.
- 1 medium sized red onion, thinly sliced across into rings
- Prepare the sandwich filling ingredients as described above.
- Arrange 8 slices of Genius by Glutino bread on a clean cutting board
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper together and spread onto each slice of bread
- Divide the pastrami equally between four slices of bread, followed by the sliced dill pickle and a few rings of red onion.
- Arrange 1 layer of salad leaves on the pickle and onion then gently press the top 4 slices of bread in place.
- When all four sandwiches are assembled, using a sharp knife, slice the sandwiches on the diagonal into two. Arrange the halved sandwiches on 4 plates and serve immediately.