- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients and stir well to combine thoroughly.
- Fold in fresh peaches or use good quality canned peaches, well drained. Fresh nectarines may also be used.
- Spoon into lined muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees, 15-16 minutes.
- Or transfer to a lightly oiled 4×8-inch loaf pan and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
Yield: 12 to 14 muffins or 1 loaf