Photo by Gwen Barber
- 1 bag Gluten Free Pantry Yankee Cornbread Mix
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 5-oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (11-oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup gluten-free salsa, not drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8-8-inch square pan.
- Combine mix and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, and butter.
- Mix into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in corn, salsa and onion (if used).
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30 min.
- Remove from oven. Top with shredded cheese (if used) and return to oven to let cheese melt. Serve warm.