Southern Style Oven Fried Chicken
- 3 ½ cups of Glutino Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 2 large egg whites
- 1-1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split or 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together breadcrumbs and spices. Reserve.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and the buttermilk.
- Dip each piece of chicken in buttermilk mixture then roll in breadcrumb mixture, coating well. Press lose crumbs into the meat.
- Place each piece of chicken on a no-stick cookie sheet (or lightly oil a baking sheet).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden, turning once halfway through baking. Serve warm