- 14 Glutino Vegetable Gluten Free Crackers
- Glutino All Purpose Flour Mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound lump crab meat, picked over for shells
- vegetable oil
- lemon wedges
- Gluten free tartar sauce, cocktail sauce or other
- Put the crackers into a food processor or blender and whirl them into crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together mayonnaise, celery, parsley, seafood seasoning, dry mustard, lemon juice and eggs.
- Gently stir in the crab meat, being careful not to break it up too much.
- Form into 6 cakes carefully, pressing just firmly enough to shape.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. The cakes will be very soft, but will firm up when cooked.
- Dust each cake with flour, gently patting off any excess.
- Coat a large, non-stick skillet with vegetable oil and set it over medium heat.
- Once it is hot, add the crab cakes and cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes.
- Turn carefully and cook the second sides.
- Serve immediately, with lemon wedges and/or sauce, if desired.
With every crunch you'll taste a mix of herbs, garlic and a hint of tomato. Great by itself or dipped in whatever you've whipped up.
All Purpose Flour Mix
Flex those baking skills with flour that’s all-purpose, and no-gluten.