For the Waffle Tacos
- 1 cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted
For the Toppings
- 1 package Glutino Vanilla Creme Cookies
- 2 cups chocolate chips or pieces
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 3 cups of your favorite vanilla ice cream
1. At a medium-high setting, preheat your waffle cone maker. No waffle cone maker? No problem, just use a panini press.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until well blended. Add in gluten free all-purpose flour and salt, whisk until smooth. Add milk (or milk alternative) and vanilla extract, whisk again until smooth. Add melted butter and mix until all ingredients are combined into a smooth consistency.
3. Using a scoop, place 2 to 3 tablespoons of gluten free batter onto the heated waffle cone maker. Close the lid and cook for about a 1 minute. After 1 minute, open lid and check to see if waffle cone is toasted and caramel in color. For the first few waffles cones, you may need to tweak the time depending on temperature. If needed, cook an additional 30 seconds, but be careful not to overcook.
4. Carefully remove the waffle cone from the maker and set on a clean surface. Allow waffle cone to cool just slightly, but while it’s still warm, place onto a taco mold so it can cool in the desired shape. If you don’t have a taco mold, an easy hack is to use a book. Wipe down the cover, then prop the book up so it’s in the shape of a tent with the spine horizontal to the ground. Spread a clean towel (or paper towel) over the book and place your waffles cones over it to cool.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining batter.
6. After all waffle tacos are made, it’s time to decorate! Add chocolate chips (or chocolate pieces) and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between until chocolate is melted thoroughly.
7. Take waffle tacos and dip edges into the melted chocolate. Decorate with each waffle taco with rainbow sprinkles to add fiesta-flare. Repeat until all waffle tacos have been decorated.
8. Final steps. Fill each waffle taco with your favorite ice cream and Vanilla Creme Cookies. Serve up & enjoy!
Vanilla Creme Cookies
Satisfy your sweet tooth with the creamy center and crunchy cookie exterior of these delightful Vanilla Creme Cookies.