Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Snack Bars
Imagine rice crispy treats combined with peanut butter, graham crackers and cranberries, then topped with chocolate. That's what you have here and they are sooo good... Make these little energy packed treats for sweet snack out on the trails or eat them as a hardy dessert.
- 1 cup Glutino Graham Animal Crackers, crushed
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Line a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang of paper over the long sides.
- Combine oats, rice cereal, crushed animal crackers, salt, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- Combine marshmallows, peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is melted together.
- Working quickly, pour marshmallow mixture over oat mixture and stir well to coat. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press firmly into pan. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt chopped chocolate in a microwave or on the stovetop stirring constantly. Pour melted chocolate over the top of oat mixture; spread evenly with a spatula to cover entire surface of oat mixture.
- Allow chocolate to set (place in freezer for 5-10 minutes to hasten setting). Cut into 32 bars. Store, covered, at room temperature. Yield: 32 bars.
Graham Animal Crackers
These sweet, crispy graham crackers are guaranteed to delight your inner child. Or you actual child, if you have one.