- 3 ½ cups Glutino Original Crackers, finely crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 large egg whites
- 1-1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split or 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together finely crushed crackers and spices. Reserve.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and the buttermilk.
- Dip each piece of chicken in buttermilk mixture then roll in cracker mixture, coating well. Press lose crumbs into the meat.
- Place each piece of chicken on a no-stick cookie sheet (or lightly oil a baking sheet).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden, turning once halfway through baking. Serve warm
Crispy, crunchy, a little salty, and always satisfying. Edible proof that simple is also delicious.