For The Crust:
- 1 cup Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Crème Cookie crumbs (10 cookies)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
For The Filling:
- 1, 8 ounce package low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the bottom and sides of an 8×8 pan
- Place the cookies into a food processor and pulse until they turn into fine crumbs. Pour in the coconut oil and blend until combined. Press the crumbs into the pan, creating an even layer. Bake for 8 minutes, cool, and set aside.
- Wipe out any remaining crumbs in the food processor and add in the cream cheese. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add in the remaining ingredients, except egg whites and chocolate chips, and blend until thoroughly combined. Add in the egg whites and blend until just mixed, stopping periodically to scrape down the sides.
- Pour filling onto the crust and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 25 minutes, cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled before cutting into bars.
- I like to make these a day before I plan to serve them. It allows the filling to set and makes them easier to cut.
- Not over mixing the batter once the eggs are added, will help prevent cracks forming on top of the cheesecake as it bakes.
Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies
Rich chocolate and smooth vanilla have put aside their differences to come together in one flavorful cookie.