- 5 cups Glutino Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons green food coloring
- 40-50 raw almonds
- red food coloring OR red koolaide mixed with just a touch of water to make a paste
- black, green or red frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first six ingredients.
- Slowly add in the butter, sour cream, egg, vanilla and green food coloring.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge and let sit 1 hr.
- Split dough in half.
- Knead dough until pliable and easy to break pieces off to work with.
- Break off 2 inch balls and roll between hands to make a long finger shape.
- Add knots where needed and indent where the “nail” will go with your pinky.
- Using a knife, slice three times just under where the nail will go and in the middle of the cookie.
- Place on a silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, “paint” the almond nails using red food coloring or red koolaide mixed just slightly with water.
- Once removed from the oven, use the frosting as an adhesive and add a small dot to the cookie and lay almond “nail” on top.
- Enjoy warm or cool.
All Purpose Flour Mix
Flex those baking skills with flour that’s all-purpose, and no-gluten.